Northwood Cemetery, Isle of Wight / by Tim Smith

The programme of works at Northwood Cemetery is drawing to a close and it is to be re-opened for public access on 14 October 2017.

The Northwood cemetery is the second largest cemetery on the Isle of Wight, and dates back to 1856. The repair and restoration work has rescued the two listed Victoria chapels from potential collapse and has ensured their continued future use.

The project initiative was a collaborative venture by Friends of Northwood Cemetery (FoNC) in partnership with the Isle of Wight Council. 

Northwood-1500.jpg