Development of the Grade II listed former bank in Winchester City Centre to include two floors of commercial space and two floors of residential.
Century House was built between 1925–28, to the designs of Winchester Architect T. D. Atkinson, who had been commissioned by ‘The Hampshire and General Friendly Society’ to design their new headquarters building. It remained in their ownership until 1989, before changing hands and becoming a Pentecostal Church.
Proposals for the redevelopment of Century House followed detailed consultation with Winchester City Council before planning and Listed Building Consent was gained. The approved scheme evolved to combine modern and traditional elements to the rear while leaving the street façade untouched.
The ground floor and basement were developed in collaboration with Wagamama and interior designers Focus Design who were responsible for the restaurants design and fit-out.
Although the rooftop additions were not carried out the existing upper floor spaces, including the elaborate panelled boardroom, were converted into two 2-bedroom luxury apartments.
Photographs of the restaurant fit-out were kindly re-produced with permission from Focus Design.